I am very excited to say that a $1,077.30 check was sent out today to Catholic Charities. Because of all of your support of “Journey to the Cross” any order received through Facebook, shanecloonan.com or 847-207-7996 40% goes back to them. We are continuing this through Christmas. Thank you for all of your support, its not possible without you. God Bless.
Chicago Tribune Printers Row Lit Fest Looking forward to seeing you at my booth ( D ), across from the Drake Hotel.
Thank you to all that came out tonight for my book signing at Elgin Public House on State Street in Elgin. Your support for Journey to the Cross is so appreciated. We have a long way to go…..but the Journey I am on is one I will never forget. Shane Cloonan Book Description:
“Like all great stories, mine will be remembered forever. Let me start by telling you that I’m a donkey. I’m also going to tell you about the most important event in my life … the most important event in history.”
Journey to the Cross is a fictional tale that takes readers from our Lord’s birth to the crucifixion. Though written and illustrated for young readers, this book is perfect for people of all ages who want a fresh, youthful perspective on the life of Jesus.
The book’s message is imbued in the strength and simplicity of hearts that are linked to other hearts by Jesus. Journey to the Cross follows the light of hope that first appeared on that special night in Bethlehem.
The Importance of a Children’s Book:
A children’s book is not only a companion, but also a source of great knowledge. When children regularly read books, you know that an educational miracle is taking shape.
While we’re living in a world where computers and social media have become the source and means of people’s entertainment and knowledge, the wonderful world of books is still alive and well.
During the early years of a child’s life, good parents provide their children with lots of different stimuli.
Books remain their number one educational tool. Young readers are fascinated by the colors and textures of a book.
The colors and textures throughout Journey to the Cross were made with that knowledge in mind.
Child development starts extremely early and the importance of books in this process is vital. Young children might immediately close, throw or turn a book upside down, but, nonetheless, this will be the beginning of a long lasting journey in becoming a successful reader.
- Journey to the Cross will help provide your youngest reader with a valuable vocabulary, starting from simple basic words all the way to making sentences and expanding their “word bank.”
- Journey to the Cross will stimulate your young reader’s imagination.
- Journey to the Cross will assist in your young reader’s Christian learning.
- Journey to the Cross will help your younger reader develop the routine of reading—at bedtime or at any other time. This is emotionally nourishing and can create a lifelong bond.
- Journey to the Cross can—as a source of entertainment—replace the television and computer for at least part of the day. It can be the time when a young reader takes his or her own journey with the Jesus donkey. A time to be alone with his or her imagination, adding their own personal interpretation to the story and narrative as they please.
Lastly, Journey to the Cross will be considered a treasure—a treasure that your young reader will cherish and love for years to come.